1. From the great Atlantic ocean to the wide Pacific shores,
From the Queen of flowin mountains, to the south belle by the shore,
She's mighty tall and handsome and she's known quite well by all,
She's the modern combination on the Wabash Cannonball
2. She came down from Birmingham one cold December day
And as she stood in the roundhouse you could hear all the people say
"There's a gal from Tennesee and, man, she's long and she's tall.
She came down from Birmingham on the Wabash Cannonball"
3. Well here's to Daddy Claxton, may his name forever be!
And long be remembered in the courts of Tennesee.
His earthly trials are over as the final curtain falls.
We'll carry him home to vict'ry on the Wabash Cannonball.
4. Her eastern states are dandy, some people always say.
From New York to St. Louis and Chicago on the way.
From the hills of Minnesota, where the sparkling waters fall
No changes can be taken on the Wabash Cannonball.
5. So listen to the jingle, the rumble and the roar
As she glides along the foothills and the pathways to the shore.
Hear the mighty rush of the engines, hear the lonesome hobos call
As they rumble through the jungle on the Wabash Cannonball.